Matthew D. Della Porta , Ph.D.
Our Happiness Expert
Matthew D. Della Porta is an organizational consultant and expert on workplace wellness. A Ph.D. graduate from the University of California, Riverside, he worked as a member of Dr. Sonja Lyubomirsky’s Positive Psychology Laboratory. He received his B.A. from the University of Rochester in 2006 with high honors in research in psychology, and his M.A. from the University of California, Riverside in 2009.
Dr. Della Porta's research in positive organizational psychology focuses on the strategies people can use to become happier for a sustained period of time. He is particularly interested in how these strategies can produce optimal employee performance, job satisfaction and organizational health. He currently works as a speaker and consultant, assisting organizations in the implementation of well-being research into their corporate cultures.
When Dr. Della Porta isn’t in the workplace, he enjoys playing the drums and piano. He currently resides in Rochester, New York, with his wife and daughter.
Articles by Matthew D. Della Porta , Ph.D.
- Have You Lost Touch With the Meaning of the Holidays?
- Celebrating Stay-at-Home Moms
- Why Is Life So Hard?
- 3 Ways to Be Proud of Your Job
- Daily Affirmations for People Who Hate Daily Affirmations
- Make Your Workplace a Better Place to Work
- Selling Happiness
- Constructive Ways to Cope with Tragedy
- Float On: Tales from a Sensory Deprivation Tank
- An Open Letter to Women from Men