Matthew D. Della Porta , Ph.D.
YouBeauty Happiness Expert
Matthew D. Della Porta is a Ph.D. graduate from the University of California, Riverside and worked as a member of Dr. Sonja Lyubomirsky’s Positive Psychology Laboratory. He received his B.A. from the University of Rochester in 2006 with high honors in research in psychology, and his M.A. from the University of California, Riverside in 2009.
Dr. Della Porta's research in positive organizational psychology focuses on the strategies people can use to become happier for a sustained period of time. He is particularly interested in how these strategies can produce optimal employee performance, job satisfaction, and organizational health. He currently works as a speaker and consultant, assisting organizations in the implementation of well-being research into their corporate cultures.
When Dr. Della Porta isn’t in the workplace, he enjoys surfing and playing the drums and piano. He currently resides in Riverside, California with his wife and two cats.
Articles by Matthew D. Della Porta , Ph.D.
- Constructive Ways to Cope with Tragedy
- Float On: Tales from a Sensory Deprivation Tank
- An Open Letter to Women from Men
- How to Stop Racing Thoughts
- Surviving The Worst-Case Scenario: Holiday Edition
- A Facebook Game That Saves Lives—And Could Change Yours
- Staying Sane in an Election Year
- What Katniss Everdeen Can Teach You About Happiness
- Three Ways to Be Happier at Work
- The Joys of Aging