YouBeauty Cosmetic Chemistry Expert
When chemist Ni’Kita Wilson started working in the cosmetic industry, she instantly knew that this was where she was meant to be. Her passion for this business drives her and as a result, Wilson is behind many of the top trends in skin, sun and hair care. She holds numerous patents, has authored chapters of books, and speaks at industry conferences around the country.
Wilson’s unique ability to translate technical information into understandable concepts is one reason why beauty editors constantly use her as a reliable source; you can find Wilson’s quotes in such publications as Allure, InStyle, Oprah, Women’s Health, and Prevention. This skill is also very useful in Wilson’s day-to-day business as Vice President of Research and Innovation at Englewood Lab. “On the business end, I can act as a liaison between marketing and R&D to facilitate product launches,” she says. “For the consumer I offer insight on beauty products, answer questions about ingredients, and debunk myths, new and old, that continually plague our industry—it truly is the best of both worlds!”
Wilson has a degree in chemistry from Montclair State University. She is on the board of the Society of Cosmetic Chemists New York chapter and an active member of Cosmetic Executive Women. She resides in New Jersey with her husband and two daughters.
Articles by Ni’Kita Wilson
- Unorthodox Beauty Treatments
- The Two Things You Need For Gorgeous Spring Skin
- Will Skincare Products Really Help Your Skin?
- How and When to Exfoliate Your Skin
- Look Younger: Hair Ingredients For Aging Locks
- Beating the Winter Skin Blues
- Defining Beauty: What's in Your Skincare Product?
- The Claim Game
- Three Anti-Aging Products You Don’t Need
- Gluten-Free Skincare: Ingredients to Watch Out For