Our Fitness Expert
Tracy Hafen is an exercise physiologist with 15 years of experience in personal training and corporate fitness. She has been a featured fitness expert on national television, and has authored and co-authored several publications related to fitness, diet and exercise. Tracy has worked with the Program for Executive Health at the University of Chicago Hospitals, the Center for Partnership Medicine at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, the Lifestyle 180 Program at the Cleveland Clinic, and is currently the Director of Fitness Programming at BrainSavers, LLC. She co-authored “The RealAge Workout” with Dr. Michael Roizen, consulted with Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. Roizen on “You: Having a Baby,” and was a contributing author for “The Brain Training Revolution” by Dr. Paul Bendheim.
Her research interests include women’s fitness, pre- and postnatal exercise, weight management, and the links between exercise and cognitive function in older adults. Tracy holds a master’s degree in Exercise Science and Cardiac Rehabilitation and lives in Battle Creek, Michigan with her husband Tom and their eight children.
Articles by Tracy Hafen
- 5 Reasons to Go for Longer, Less Intense Workouts
- What They Don’t Tell You About Preventive Mastectomies
- Is Getting a Preventive Mastectomy the Best Way to Beat Breast Cancer?
- Does Your Favorite Music Help or Hurt Your Workout?
- Get a Sexy Back
- Does Your Butt Workout Need a Reboot?
- If You Hate to Exercise, Should You Do It?
- The Bare Bones Workout
- The Anti-Inflammatory Benefits to Working Out
- Weighty Matters: Keep Excessive Pounds Off During Pregnancy