In our selfie-obsessed, social media crazed culture, there’s one thing that’s very important – looking good on camera. The good news is, you can learn how to slay in your pictures and look like a runway model every time (or at least a catalog model). Get your Instagram account ready. Here are some tricks to looking photogenic in pictures:
2. Your eyes are the focal point of any picture. Draw attention to them with curled lashes and mascara. This will help to maximize their impact.
3. Here’s an easy one that might be a lot of fun…try to find any past pictures of yourself that you like and replicate the pose.
4. If you want to avoid looking too goofy with a wide grin, try this red carpet trick….put your tongue behind your teeth when you smile.
5. Before you take a picture, make sure your hair is shiny.
6. Before someone takes your picture, look towards a light. This way your pupils will shrink and will help to avoid red eye.
7. If someone wants to take a surprise photo of you, blot your face with tissue and pinch your cheeks to create a rosy glow.
8. Sometimes a picture is all about the angles. If you want to take a more flattering photo, turn your head to a three-quarter position. It will give your features depth.
9. For a more flattering shot, make sure the camera is slightly above you instead of below you.
10. Don’t stand under a light and don’t stand in front of a light. It’s best to let the light face you, so you can avoid weird shadows.