You know how it goes. You buy a gorgeously chic new outfit, finally find the perfect accessories and pick the right shoes for the day you wear it. You put it all on and check the mirror, and lo and behold your hair is the one thing ruining your look! There may be a science behind how your locks look, but that doesn’t mean you have to just accept them as they are every day.We’re all about loving the skin (and hair) you’re in most of the time, but for those days that you want to mix it up, you’re going to want to do it right.MORE: Keeping Your Curls and Looking Professional Doing ItAnd how do you do wavy right? Allen Ruiz demonstrated for Naturally Curly how to make straight hair wavy and get bombshell texture so even your straight-tresses can experience the texture revolution. Then we broke down his steps for you. Give it a try!MORE: Your List of Keratin Treatment Brands
- Part hair down the center using a rattail comb. Saturate hair with volumizing spray and divide into 1-inch to 1½-inch sections.
- Apply a holding gel to each section and twist around finger to create a cylindrical coil. Continue up the back of the head in a brick-lay pattern.
- Blow dry while scrunching the hair upwards, using fingers as a diffuser. Continue to squeeze hair as it cools.
- Use a ¾-inch clipless curling iron to give more shape to random pieces. Leave out ends for a more modern look.
- Finish the look by breaking up curls gently with fingers for added softness and volume. Spray with hairspray for hold.