How To Exercise All Day
It’s easier than you think to squeeze exercise into your packed schedule. And it might just save your life.
(page 2 of 2)
Sprinkle a few of these creative ideas into your day to jumpstart your active, healthy lifestyle:
While getting ready in the morning…
- Do calf raises while brushing your teeth.
- Do squats while choosing an outfit.
- Try 30 seconds of high-knee marching in place before jumping in the shower.
- Bike, walk or run to work if possible and safe.
- Squeeze shoulder blades together and release.
- Clench and relax your glutes while driving.
- Contract and relax your abdominals, holding the contractions for up to one minute.
While at work…
- Alternate leg lifts in the elevator.
- Sit on a large exercise ball at your desk for part of the day.
- Take the stairs whenever possible.
- Lunge-walk your way to the restroom.
- Lean your back against the wall and hold a squat position as long as you can.
- Do wall pushups and tricep dips at your chair during a break.
- Strengthen your inner thighs by holding onto a railing or chair and turning one leg in while holding it up in the air, switching legs.
While unwinding after work…
- Take a walk around the neighborhood with family members or friends.
- Do activities with your children like jumping rope, backyard races, riding bikes or basketball.
- Pace around your house while talking on the phone.
- Throw balls for your dog in the backyard.