Medicine Cabinet Essentials
Have these utensils, cleansers and medications on hand to keep you and your family healthy and beautiful.
Your medicine cabinet is a good place to start. If you’ve snooped enough medicine cabinets, you’ll know that they’re full of expired medicine, makeup and zit cream.
Do yourself a favor and clean it out. Instead, stock your medicine cabinet with things that will make you feel good, even when times are tough.
- Dental floss
- Soft-bristle toothbrush
- Don’t brush as you brush a toilet.
- Change every two months.
- Sonic brush? Even better.
- Mouth mask
- If you get the flu, avoid spreading it to your family.
- Home blood-pressure-testing device
- Self-heating wraps (for muscle soreness)
- Nail clipper
- Healthy toothpaste
- If you have frequent mouth ulcers, avoid whitening formulas or sodium laurel sulfate (foaming agent)
- Soap without antibacterial properties (which encourage resistant bacteria) or fragrances (allergens)
- Exfoliating facial scrub (removes dead cells and reduces adult acne)
- Deodorant (without an antiperspirant, you can let the natural process of sweating happen)
QUIZ: How Healthy is Your Skin?
Pain Relievers and Medicines:
- Topical muscle pain reliever, capsaicin cream or arnica
- General first aid kit
- Butterfly tape strips (to close tiny cuts)
- Liquid Bandage
- Bacitracin cream (to keep wounds moist)
- Tea tree oil (for pilonidal cysts and feet)
- Lip balm
- Gly-oxide (soothes canker sores)
- Elastic bandages for tight wrapping
- Allergy pills
Think Twice About:
- Cough medicines with pseudoephedrine, which will jack up blood pressure
- Absolutely avoid these if you’re on a supplement or medicine for blood pressure
- Old, expired drugs (particularly liquids)
- These can grow bacteria and change chemically