Front-End Web Developer
Do you write jQuery plugins for fun? Love tracking down browser inconsistencies? Named your pet AJAX?
We are looking for a talented front-end web developer to join our tight-knit group of engineers.
Launched in July 2011 and founded by doctors Mehmet Oz (host of "The Dr. Oz Show") and Michael Roizen (Oprah's doctor), our science-based site makes health accessible and engaging. If you love building large, complex applications and working in an agile environment, we want to talk to you.
You will have direct impact on the design and direction of our sites.
What we are looking for:
- Serious HTML/CSS/jQuery skills
- Experience building AJAX interfaces
- Ability to create proper html/css from PSD files
- Excellent attitude with a strong desire to learn new technologies
Bonus points given for experience with the following:
- Web Frameworks (Rails, Symfony, etc.)
- Test Driven and Behavior Driven Development
- Agile methods
Why Join Us?
- We're agile. That means test-driven development, pair programming, daily stand-ups and working on small stories.
- We're self-directed. We're a small team, so our developers are driven and proactive, always striving to find the best solutions to complex problems. We're laid back and keep normal hours but we hold oursevles to high standards and expect quality.
- We're growing. Since our July 2011 launch, our user base has increased rapidly. With us, you'll be involved in finding creative ways to scale as we grow the site to meet the demands of an ever-increasing user base.
Interested? Send along your resume, in PDF form, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
YouBeauty.com, a new website about the science of beauty, created by Dr. Oz and Dr. Roizen, seeks an intern. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and resourceful, with strong writing, editing, and interpersonal skills and an interest in learning about magazine-style journalism for the web. Prior intern experience working for a website and programming stories in a CMS is a massive plus, as is prior experience with beauty, health or psychology.
- Collaborate with editorial team to produce stories in the CMS
- Help promote content on media sites and social networks
- Assist with the production and scheduling of new stories and photo galleries
- Optimize articles for SEO, including adding links and writing metadata
- Help prepare new articles, including writing copy and assisting with research
- Assist with office organization and daily tasks
- Experience or interest in beauty, science and health
- Ability to take initiative, with proficient problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Understanding of Web content and social media trends
- Experience working in a CMS and/or Photoshop preferred
The position is part time, unpaid, and based in our offices in NYC’s NoHo neighborhood. Please email email@example.com with a resume and cover letter detailing your experience.