I’d like to begin The Relationship Scientist column with a little self-disclosure: I do lots of things to stay healthy. Here’s my list:
- I exercise, mostly riding my bike and going to the gym to lift weights.
- I try to get enough sleep (we have a 3 year-old son and a newborn daughter, so this is sometimes hard, but I do my best).
- I avoid eating too much red meat, or relying too heavily on cereals and breads to fill-out my diet.
- I obsess over eating enough fruits and vegetables, and I cook as many as our family’s meals from scratch as I can.
- I try not to drink too much, and I don’t smoke.
- I try not to get stressed, including not getting too angry when drivers try to kill me on my bicycle.
- I floss, eat fish, wear my seatbelt, stretch and work on my balance, etc., etc.