Standout Beauty Nutrient: 188mg of Calcium, or 20% RDA
Beauty Benefits: Yogurt (and orange juice fortified with calcium) help strengthens bones, which wards off the aging bone disease, Osteoporosis, and begets better posture.
Bonus Nutrients: Use orange juice fortified with vitamin D for even better calcium absorption.
- 1 small banana, broken into chunks
- 1 cup(s) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup(s) orange juice
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh or frozen blackberries
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Cover and blend until fairly smooth.
Total Fat 0.5g
Saturated Fat 0
Total Carbohydrate 28g
Dietary Fiber 4g
Recipe developed by Cleveland Clinic Lifestyle 180 program. This is a Go! Food, which meets beautifying nutritional criteria.