Standout Beauty Nutrient: 9612 IU of Vitamin A, or 190% RDA.Beauty Benefits: The butternut squash and carrots both up your vitamin A, which helps your scalp produce healthy oil for shinier hair. You also need vitamin A for skin tissue repair.Bonus Nutrients: A great source of vitamin C, potassium and fiber. This soup also has ginger, which has been shown to help with migraine headaches, painful menstrual cramps, indigestion and asthma.
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz onion, thinly sliced
- 2 C peeled and diced carrots (about four medium carrots)
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 9 C peeled, seeded and diced butternut squash (about 3 medium squash, 5½ pounds whole)
- 10 C water
- 6 T vegetable soup base (such as Minor’s, Stouffer’s or Penzeys)
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- In cook pot, sauté onion in olive oil on low flame until transparent.
- Add carrots and sauté 10 minutes. Add ginger and sauté two minutes.
- Add butternut squash, water, vegetable soup base and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to medium low heat and simmer for 45 minutes. Puree with a stick blender until smooth and serve.
Makes 18 servings.Courtesy of Lifestyle 180. This is a Go! Food, which meets beautifying nutritional criteria.