Standout Beauty Nutrient: 16.14 mcg, or 20% RDA
Beauty Benefits: Cabbage and parsley provide some vitamin K for healthy elastin, which helps prevent wrinkles. Its anti-inflammatory properties keeps the skin nourished and glowing.
Bonus Nutrients: Adding more chia seeds to your diet could up your omega-3s, which has widespread inflammation-reducing effects throughout the body.
- 1 tablespoon, 1 teaspoon Rice wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon, 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- ¾ cup Non-Dairy Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Parsley – chopped
- 1 tablespoon Agave Nectar
- ½ teaspoon Fresh Garlic – minced
- 1 tablespoon Chia Seed
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ lb. Red Cabbage – fine julienne (1 medium head)
- 1 lb. Green Cabbage – fine julienne (2 heads)
- 4 oz. Carrots – grated
- 4 oz. Sweet Onion – grated
- Combine vinegar. Lemon juice, non-dairy mayonnaise, parsley, Agave nectar, garlic, Chia seed, salt, pepper and mix well and let sit for 20 minutes under refrigeration to allow Chia seed to swell.
- Add cabbage, carrot, onion and toss until well coated.
- Cover, label, date and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Saturated Fat: 2g