Chili Macaroni and Cheese
Add this vitamin D to your diet to help bolster calcium absorption for stronger bones and nails.
Standout Beauty Nutrient: 221 mg of Vitamin, D or 22% RDA.
Beauty Benefits: Vitamin D increases calcium absorption to build stronger bones. It also promotes stronger nails and treats nail disorders.
Bonus Nutrients: This lean turkey gives a meaty taste without the aging fats.
- 6 oz uncooked 100% whole wheat elbow macaroni, cavatappi or other short shape pasta.
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- ½ cup Sweet Onion – fine diced
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Garlic – minced
- ½ cup Red Pepper – fine diced
- ½ cup Green Pepper – fine diced
- 1 lb 99% Lean Ground Turkey
- ¼ teaspoon Thyme
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 8 oz Ketchup - < 2g sugar per serving
- 2 C canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Rice Vinegar – sugar free
- 1 teaspoon Agave Nectar
- 8 oz Shredded low fat mozzarella
- Cook pasta according to directions on package, drain and set aside.
- Place canola oil in large non-stick sauté pan on medium heat and spread to coat pan bottom.
- Add onions and sauté until light golden add garlic, sauté one minute then add red and green peppers and sauté until peppers are tender.
- Add ground turkey, breaking into small pieces and season with thyme, salt and black pepper.