Standout Beauty Nutrient: 221 mg of Vitamin, D or 22% RDA.
Beauty Benefits: Vitamin D increases calcium absorption to build stronger bones. It also promotes stronger nails and treats nail disorders.
Bonus Nutrients: This lean turkey gives a meaty taste without the aging fats.
- 6 oz uncooked 100% whole wheat elbow macaroni, cavatappi or other short shape pasta.
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- ½ cup Sweet Onion – fine diced
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Garlic – minced
- ½ cup Red Pepper – fine diced
- ½ cup Green Pepper – fine diced
- 1 lb 99% Lean Ground Turkey
- ¼ teaspoon Thyme
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 8 oz Ketchup – < 2g sugar per serving
- 2 C canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Rice Vinegar – sugar free
- 1 teaspoon Agave Nectar
- 8 oz Shredded low fat mozzarella
- Cook pasta according to directions on package, drain and set aside.
- Place canola oil in large non-stick sauté pan on medium heat and spread to coat pan bottom.
- Add onions and sauté until light golden add garlic, sauté one minute then add red and green peppers and sauté until peppers are tender.
- Add ground turkey, breaking into small pieces and season with thyme, salt and black pepper.
- Stir turkey frequently with rubber spatula or wooden spoon on medium heat and continue to break into small pieces. When turkey becomes firm and cooked, add ketchup, Dijon mustard, vinegar and Agave nectar.
- Stir until well mixed and cook for three to 5 minutes until hot and heated through. Add cooked 100% whole wheat pasta and shredded mozzarella mix well and serve.
- If more time is available, before adding mozzarella cheese, place chili mac in a baking casserole, sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and bake in a pre-heated 350°F oven until cheese is melted and bubbly (about 15 minutes) and serve.
(Per serving) Recipe makes 8 servings (1/2 cup)
Total calories: 100
Total sodium: 320mg
Total sugars: 2g
Total cholesterol: 20mg
Total saturated Fat: 0g
Total fiber: 1g
Total protein: 14g
Total carbohydrate: 5g