Standout Beauty Nutrient: 1mg of zinc, or 6.5% RDA.
Beauty Benefits: The turkey and mushrooms provide some zinc. This may boost collagen production, the skin’s structural network, which wards off wrinkles. It also helps to prevent or improve acne by controlling excess oil production. Deficiency or excess of zinc can lead to hair loss.
Bonus Nutrients: This turkey is extremely lean, making for a meat option that doesn’t have the extra aging fats attached to it.
- 2 tablespoon Chia Seed
- ¼ cup Madeira
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb Fresh White Button Mushrooms – sliced
- 1 tablespoon Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 cup Leeks – small dice
- ½ cup Whole Wheat Panko
- 2 lb 99% Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 teaspoon Season Salt
- ½ teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 4 Fresh Egg Whites
- 2 cup Canned Artichoke Hearts – drained well and chopped
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Parsley
- In a small bowl, combine Chia seed with Madeira and set aside.
- In sauté pan, combine extra virgin olive oil, mushrooms and steak seasoning. Sauté until mushrooms begin to golden, add leeks and sauté until leeks are tender. Remove from sauté pan, spread out on hotel pan and refrigerate until well chilled.
- After Chia has swelled, add whole wheat panko and set aside. In food processor, add raw ground turkey, season salt, thyme and puree until smooth. Add egg whites and Madeira mixture and blend.
- Add mushroom leek mixture, artichokes and parsley and pulse just long enough to mix without extensive chopping. Remove, cover and refrigerate until needed.
(Per serving) Recipe makes twenty 4-ounce servings
Saturated Fat: 0g
Recipe developed by Cleveland Clinic Lifestyle 180 program. This is a Go! Food, which meets beautifying nutritional criteria.