Eat Pretty this Thanksgiving with a delicious dinner that’s guilt-free and sans glut (and gut!). Mix up your traditional holiday recipes by preparing your favorite ingredients in new, healthy and beauty-enhancing ways based on the Cleveland Clinic’s Lifestyle 180 program. These recipes are 100-percent whole grain with no trans fats and contain only minimal amounts of saturated fat and added sugars.
- 1 pound sweet onions, diced small
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 leeks (white parts only), diced
- 5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Minor’s vegetable base
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Sauté onions in extra-virgin olive oil until transparent.
- Add garlic and sauté 4 minutes without browning, stirring frequently.
- Add diced leeks and sauté 4 minutes.
- Add water and vegetable base and bring to a simmer.
- Add potatoes and simmer until potatoes are fully cooked.
- Turn off heat and blend with a vertical stick blender until completely pureed.
- Garnish with chopped parsley or cut chives and serve.
Recipe makes ten 1-cup servings