Eat Pretty with a delicious dessert that’s guilt-free and sans glut (and gut!). Mix up your traditional recipes by preparing your favorite ingredients in new, healthy and beauty-enhancing ways based on the Cleveland Clinic’s Lifestyle 180 program. These recipes are 100-percent whole grain with no trans fats and contain only minimal amounts of saturated fat and added sugars.
- 1 cup organic quinoa
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup dried cherries (No sugar added)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (No sugar added)
- 1/2 unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 bananas
- 1 tsp grated orange rind
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- If saponin has been removed, rinse quinoa is cold water. If not, rinse in hot water.
- Add rinsed quinoa to boiling water; reduce heat to low and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Add dried cherries and dried cranberries; simmer until liquid is absorbed about an additional 5 to 7 minutes.
- While quiona is cooking, combine remaining ingredients in food processor and puree until smooth.
- Remove quinoa from heat and combine pureed mixture with quinoa; mix well.
- Place in serving bowls and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe makes six 1/2-cup servings.