Standout Beauty Nutrient: 1.22 grams of Omega-3, which meets about the mininum amount you should get in one whole day.
Beauty Benefits: Omega-3s from salmon lower inflammation, which helps prevent wrinkles and acne on the outside.
Bonus Nutrients: This salmon recipe also contains vitamin D to aid calcium absorption for bones, along with 85 percent RDA for B12! Like omega-3s, this can also keep your skin younger looking.
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Leeks – fine dice, white part only
- ½ teaspoon Fresh Garlic – fine chop
- 1 Lemon – zest
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Fresh parsley – chopped
- 4 each / 4 ounce Wild King Salmon Filets – skinless, boneless
Preheat oven to 375 F. In a mixing bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Mix well. Add salmon filets and toss until coated. Fit a wire rack into a rimmed baking sheet. Place salmon on top and bake for about 12-15 minutes or until lightly opaque inside.Recipe makes four servings.
Courtesy of Lifestyle 180, Cleveland Clinic. This is a Go! Food, which meets beautifying nutritional criteria.