Eat Pretty this Thanksgiving with a delicious dinner that’s guilt-free and sans glut (and gut!). Mix up your traditional holiday recipes by preparing your favorite ingredients in new, healthy, and beauty-enhancing ways based on the Cleveland Clinic’s Lifestyle 180 program. These recipes are 100-percent whole grain with no trans fats and contain only minimal amounts of saturated fat and added sugars.Ingredients:
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 15-ounce can cooked sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 4-ounce jar roasted red peppers, packed in water, drained
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, as desired
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- With the motor running, drop the garlic cloves through the feed tube of a food processor; process until minced.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the parsley; puree until smooth.
- Transfer the hummus to a serving bowl; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Garnish the hummus with the parsley just before serving. Serve with baked pita chips or raw vegetables.
Recipe makes six 1/3-cup servings