Eat Pretty this Thanksgiving with a delicious dinner that’s guilt-free and sans glut (and gut!). Mix up your traditional holiday recipes by preparing your favorite ingredients in new, healthy and beauty-enhancing ways based on the Cleveland Clinic’s Lifestyle 180 program. These recipes are 100-percent whole grain with no trans fats and contain only minimal amounts of saturated fat and added sugars.
- 1 large russet baking potato, washed, pierced with tip of knife
- 2 tablespoons marinara sauce or other red tomato sauce
Turkey Wrap Ingredients:
- Two 6-inch whole wheat flour tortillas
- 4 slices deli roast turkey breast
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 2 thin slices red or yellow onion
- Mustard or hot peppers (optional)
- To make the red potato, cook it in the microwave on high power 8 to 9 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Slice lengthwise in half; spoon 1 tablespoon sauce over each half.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the turkey wraps, layer all turkey wrap ingredients on tortillas; roll up.
Recipe makes two servings.