Vegetarian Chili Recipe
Rich in iron, this vegetarian chili can prevent wrinkles and hair loss.
Standout Beauty Nutrient: 2.9 mg of Iron, or 16% RDA.
Beauty Benefits: These beans bring you iron, which is essential for healthy blood flow. This nourishes skin to prevent wrinkles and get it glowing. It also helps with healthy blood flow which prevents hair loss.
Bonus Nutrients: This recipe also has its share of vitamin A and vitamin C. Vitamin A helps boost healthy oil production in your hair to keep it shiny. Vitamin C is proven to make you look younger.
- 2 Tbs canola oil
- 4 ea fresh garlic cloves
- 1 ea fresh large whole yellow onion
- 2 ea 3’’ large fresh sweet green bell peppers
- 1 cup chopped fresh carrots
- 12 oz gold and white frozen baby corn
- 2 ea fresh medium-sized squash and zucchini with skin
- 2 ea whole japaleno chile peppers
- 16 oz fire roasted, crushed canned tomatoes
- 1 6-oz can of tomato paste
- 15 oz of canned black beans
- 30 oz of canned dark red and kidney beans
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 4 Tbs chili pepper powder
- 2 Tbs of ground cumin seeds
- 1 Tbs ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs of dried crumbled bay leaf
- 2 Tbs of ground oregano
- The most important ingredient? 2 chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. They come in a can and can be found in the Mexican section at the grocery store
- In a large heavy pot, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add onions, garlic, and carrots; saute until translucent.
- Add all peppers (except the chilpotle), zucchini and corn; saute for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomato paste, chopped tomatoes and tomato juice. Then add all salt, pepper, herbs and spices.
- Stir well. Add two chopped chilpotle peppers and beans. Stir well.
- Add beer and vegetable stock until liquid covers all ingredients in the pot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for a half hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve with shredded cheddar, chopped avocado and fresh lime juice. No cilantro!
Calorie CountRecipe Info Provided by CalorieCount.com
Note: Tastiest on the second day. Also goes well with poached eggs for brunch.