Last Amended May 20, 2013
What Information Do We Collect?
Personally Identifiable Information That You Provide to Us: When you visit one of our Sites and use our services, we may collect and/or store personally identifiable information, which is information that identifies you personally (such as your name, address, telephone number, email address or date of birth), that you provide to us.
Here are a few examples of how we may collect and store your personally identifiable information:
- If you choose to register with one of our Sites, we may collect and store your email address, zip code, date of birth, and communications preferences.
- If you make a purchase, we may collect and store your address, first and last name, and payment card information for the purpose of completing your transaction.
- If you participate in one of our online quizzes, we may collect and store the information you voluntarily disclose to us while taking the quiz.
- If you post or upload information to any public areas of our Sites, such as product review sections and community forums, or if you correspond with any of our experts, we may collect and store the information you voluntarily disclose to us. *
Non-Personally Identifiable Information Collected and/or Stored When You Use Our Sites or services: We may collect or store non-personally identifiable information, which consists of technical information or demographic information, such as age, zip code, gender, or interests. Please note, however, that non-personally identifiable information does not identify you personally.
Here are a few examples ways we collect and/or store non-personally identifiable information through our Sites:
- We may collect or store technical information regarding your computer or mobile device, such as your browser type and operating system, location, time zone, and Internet Service Provider as well as Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- We may use web beacon technology to help us determine (i) the effectiveness of certain promotional and advertising campaigns, (ii) the number of visits to pages on our Sites, and (iii) information concerning webpages you view, links you click, and sites you visit before or after accessing our Sites, including how you were directed to those sites and how you navigate those sites.
- Information from Other Sources: In addition to the personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information we collect and store when you visit one of our Sites, we may also obtain information about you from affiliated companies, business partners, and other publicly and commercially available sources (such as data aggregators). The information we receive from these sources may include demographic data, credit information, and purchasing history.
How Do We Use and/or Share Your Information?
We collect and store personally identifiable information for the primary purpose of offering a personalized, enjoyable experience, and we do not collect such information unless we believe it is relevant to this purpose. With this purpose in mind, we may use your personally identifiable information to respond to your questions, communicate with you about products and services, provide you with specific services and feedback, send you emails about site maintenance and updates, administer and manage our Sites, analyze the use of our products and services, provide you with any other information that we deem necessary for or pertinent to your enjoyment of our Sites or services, and for any other lawful purpose. If you choose to register with one of our Sites, we may also send you electronic correspondence from the site with which you registered or one of our sister sites (for more information regarding choices you have regarding our use of your information, including communications preferences, please see below).
In addition to the foregoing, we use your information as follows:
- Web Beacons and Similar Technologies: We use web beacons to statistically monitor how many people are using our Site and selected sponsors’ and advertisers’ sites, determine how many people open our emails/newsletters, and ascertain for what purposes these actions are being taken.
- Payment Cards: When an order is placed on one of our Sites, we collect payment card information for the purpose of verifying your order, completing the transaction, and responding to any questions you may have. When required, we also share this information with certain intermediaries (e.g., product manufacturers and/or shipping companies) strictly for the purpose of processing, fulfilling, and shipping your order.
- Third Party Advertising: We use a third-party advertising company to serve advertisements when you visit one of our Sites. This company may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visit to this Site to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements to our Sites, our third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. If you would like more information about this practice as well as your choices about not having this information used by this company, please click here.
- Other Sharing of Information: We do not rent, lease, or sell to, or otherwise share your personal information with, any third party except as otherwise described below:
- Affiliates We are affiliated with a variety of businesses. We will only share information that is necessary for an affiliate to complete a process (a transaction, for example). We require our affiliates to provide the same level of privacy protection that we do.
- Agents: We may employ other companies to perform tasks on our behalf (such as Customer Service services), and so that these companies may perform these tasks, we may need to share some of your information with these providers.
- Promotions: We may send promotional offers to registered users on behalf of other businesses. For further information regarding the choices you have with respect to third party promotions, please see below.
- Business Transfers: In the case of YouBeauty acquiring or selling assets, personal customer information will be considered a core business asset, and thus, we retain the right to transfer this information as part of any such business transaction.
- Newsletters & Emails: At various times, as you use one of our Sites or services, you will be given the option of receiving recurring informational/promotional newsletters via email from YouBeauty and/or directly from third parties. For information regarding unsubscribing from newsletters and emails, please see below.
- Corporate Responsibility: We retain the right to release personal information when it is reasonably believed that release is necessary to comply with the law. We may also do so in the case of enforcing our Terms of Service (or other agreements), or protecting the rights, property, or safety of YouBeauty, the users of any YouBeauty Sites or services, our employees, or others.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We work to protect your information by implementing appropriate technical, administrative, and physical procedures to prevent personal information from being lost, misused, or altered. Employees of YouBeauty who need access to personal information for the purpose of performing specific jobs are granted access to personal information. Employees violating consumer privacy safeguards, however, are subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
When we share your information with third party service providers (as described above), we provide third parties with only the information necessary for them to perform their respective service. As previously indicated, we require these third parties to protect your information in the same manner as we do, and they may not to use your information for any unauthorized purpose. We cannot, however, ensure or guarantee of the security of any information you send to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Finally, in furtherance of the protection of your personal information, we recommend you always keep your password private and secure. We also recommend that you completely log off from our Site(s) to prevent unauthorized access to your password when using a shared computer.
What Choices Do You Have Regarding Your Information?
You may change certain personal information or request that we delete your personal information by:
- Email: Sending an email to us at email@example.com.
- Regular Mail: Providing written notification to us by mail at the address in the "Contact Us" section below.
In each case, please include your current contact information and your requested changes. We will make the changes you request or provide an explanation of what actions we will be able to make in response to your request. If you request that we delete your personal information, we may need to retain a record of certain personal information to comply with applicable federal, state, or local law. Additionally, please note that at any time you can unsubscribe from any email by simply following the directions included at the bottom of each email newsletter you receive from YouBeauty.
Finally, with respect to third party promotions, we do not provide these businesses with your address or phone number, and you can cancel the receipt of these third party promotions by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, however, that if you have provided the third party with your information directly, then you must contact the third party, rather than YouBeauty, to cancel receipt of these promotions.
How Can You Correct or Update Your Personal Information?
You may correct or update your personal information by logging into your account and then entering or updating that information.
What Other Policies Should You Be Aware of Concerning Your Information?
Account. To use certain services of YouBeauty, such as creating a profile, adding comments, writing reviews, and participating in panels on YouBeauty, you must register for an account. As part of the registration process, we require your email address, birth date, a username, and a password. If you do not register, you understand that certain features and services may not be available to you. Additionally, as indicated below, if you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to register.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and you are responsible for any activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or other breach of security known to you.
Information About Children. We respect and value the privacy of children, and our Sites are not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or use personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. Further, individuals under the age of 13 are not permitted to register on our Sites.
If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personally identifiable information to us, please contact us using the contact information set forth below. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 may review and request deletion of a child’s personally identifiable information and prohibit its use.
Terms of Service. Please also read our Terms of Service to understand the terms applying to our use of our Sites. By using our Sites, you acknowledge that you have read our Terms of Service and consent to them.
P.O. Box 6422
Cleveland, OH 44101
New York, NY 10012 (646) 449-9445 – phone
(646) 449-9446 - fax