Last Updated February 2, 2011
In order to use certain services of YouBeauty, such as creating a profile, adding comments, or asking questions on Youtalk, you must register. As part of the registration process, we require your email address. Nobody under the age of 13 is permitted to register. By not registering, you understand that certain features and services may not be available to you.
We use a third-party advertising company to serve ads when you visit our Web site. This company may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visit to this Web site in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique “cookie” on your browser. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by this company, please click here.
The Information We Collect
- We collect personal information for the purpose of offering a personalized, enjoyable experience. We do not collect information unless it is relevant to the primary purpose of the related YouBeauty Site or Service.
- We may use Web Beacons to collect Non-Personal Information about your use of any YouBeauty Site or Service and the sites or services of selected sponsors and advertisers, and your use of special promotions or newsletters. The information collected by Web Beacons (i) allows us to statistically monitor how many people are using our website and selected sponsors’ and advertisers’ sites, (ii) how many people open our emails/newsletters, and (iii) for what purposes these actions are being taken.
- We collect personal information that you provide directly to us. Any information entered by you on any YouBeauty Site or Service will be stored by us. We utilize this personal information to respond to your questions, provide you with specific services and feedback you request, send you emails about site maintenance and updates, and in other ways that may be deemed necessary for your enjoyment of the Site or Service.
- We collect information about your usage of YouBeauty Sites or Services. As such, we may include on any page various metrics/data collection tools that illustrate your activity on the Site (such as uploads, feedback, etc.)
- Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose or upload to the Site will become publicly available and, as such, can be collected and used by others.
Other Sharing of Information
We neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone. We share your information only with the entities as described below:
- Affiliates – YouBeauty is affiliated with a variety of businesses. We will only share information that is necessary for the affiliate to compete a process (a transaction, for example). We require our affiliates to provide the same level of privacy protection that we do.
- Agents – YouBeauty may employ other companies to perform tasks on our behalf (such as Customer Service), and as such, may need to share some of your information with them.
- Promotions – We may send promotional offers to registered users on behalf of other businesses. However, we will never provide these businesses with your address or phone number, and you can cancel the receipt of these offers by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Business Transfers – In the case of YouBeauty acquiring or selling assets, personal customer information will be considered a core business asset and as such, we retain the right to transfer this information as part of any such transaction.
- Newsletters & Emails – At various times as you use a YouBeauty Site or Service, you will be given the option of receiving recurring informational/promotional newsletters via email from YouBeauty and/or directly from third parties. You can unsubscribe from any newsletter at any time by simply following the directions included at the bottom of each email newsletter your receive from YouBeauty.
- Corporate Responsibility – We retain the right to release personal information when it is reasonably believed that release is necessary to comply with the law. We may also do so in the case of enforcing our Terms of Service (or other agreements), or protecting the rights, property, or safety of YouBeauty, the users of any YouBeauty Sites or Services, our employees, or others.
Communities, Blogs, and other Public Forums
YouBeauty features several youtalk areas and other public forums where users with similar interests or medical conditions can share information and support one another or where users can post questions for experts to answer. Our communities are open to the public and should not be considered private.
Any information you share in any online youtalk area such as “YouGroups” (including personal information or personal medical information) is open to the public and not private. You should think carefully before posting any personal information in any public forum. What you post can be seen, disclosed to or collected by third parties and may be used by others in ways we cannot control or predict, including to contact you for unauthorized purposes. Such posted information may also appear in search engine results generated by Yahoo, Google, Bing, MSN, and others.
Security of Information/Password
We recommend you always keep your password private and secure. It is also recommended that, when using a shared computer, you completely log off from our site in order to prevent unauthorized access to your password.
P.O. Box 6422
Cleveland, OH 44101
New York, NY 10012 (646) 449-9445 – phone
(646) 449-9446 - fax