Have Better Sex
Boost body chemistry and your love life with these simple tips for better sex.
(page 2 of 2)
Open The Fridge
Food plays a vital role in our sexual desire. It can affect us because of the smell, the shape or because it alters your body chemistry to make you more desirable.
- Take advantage of pheromones and scents: The scents of lemons, doughnuts and licorice increase penile blood flow (just smell, don’t eat or it will slow the blood flow down). For women, it’s licorice and cucumbers. (The phallic shape subconsciously plays a large part in that.) Another good one to smell for: baby powder. It makes the female partner think of sex (the evolutionary goal), at least subconsciously.
- Strengthen sperm: If you want to reproduce, you should increase your intake of zinc, selenium, folic acid and Vitamins C and E. These have been found to increase sperm count. Most important is DHA-omega-3 fats, the active ingredient in fish oil that can be obtained in a more purified form from algae.
- Go back to that sauce: Chocolate has long been considered a love drug, because some of the ingredients have a feel-good effect. Caffeine may also have a positive effect on female libido.
MORE: Fat Sex is Better Than No Sex
Get Your Drive Back
If you’ve lost some of your sex drive, try these tips for restoring libido:
- Ask yourself what happened in your relationship when you noticed sex changing. If you can identify your out-of-bed problem, it can lead to an in-bed solution.
- If you’re suffering from some vaginal pain, strengthening exercises (Kegels) can help, depending on the issue.
- Experiment with more oral sex, fantasies or watching each other in videos or in real life. Change things up.
- Get comfortable with yourself. Find what brings you joy. It could be learning to tell your partner that you like the shaft of your clitoris stimulated rather than the tip.
Keep It Pumping
Good sex is about good blood flow, which ensures you’re getting good nutrients to your brain, and the right stimuli to your sex organs, too. So you can avoid things that decrease blood flow (nicotine, drugs, saturated fat, trans fats, sugar, diabetes, high BP) and go for the things that increase blood flow (exercise, avocado, fruits, veggies, 100 percent whole grains, ginseng, Ginkgo biloba, L-arginine, lemon, citrulline).
MORE: Surprising Research On Sex Fantasies