If you suffer from the relentless plague of blackheads and large pores, your bathroom cabinet is most likely filled with tons of acne cleansers, charcoal scrubs and facial toners. These pesky impurities on our faces might seem like they beg for pricy treatments and extra attention. Although those treatments do help, there are a few DIY treatments to treat blackheads that you can try at home.
DIY Pore Perfecting Strips Recipe
Perform once a week for the best results.
- 1 drop of tea tree oil
- 1 tsp of xanthan gum
- 1 Tbsp. distilled water
- Apply a warm, damp towel over your face to open pores.
- Heat the distilled water over a boiler.
- Slowly add xanthan gum to the water, constantly mixing with a craft stick to get a thick paste.
- Add a drop of tea tree oil and mix well.
- Remove paste from burner and let it cool. Test to make sure the mixture isn’t too hot before applying to the desired area.
- Add a strip of tissue or depilatory tissue over the paste and let it dry.
- Apply another thick layer of the paste, followed by a second strip of tissue and press firmly into the skin.
- Continue to apply the paste and strips of tissue until you have five layers.
- Allow strips to dry completely and harden over the area. Then, gently peel up from the outside towards the center.
- Afterwards, rinse face with water, pat dry with a clean towel, and apply a toner to close pores.