We all know that South Korea is the champion when it comes to the skincare game. Luckily k-beauty’s increasing popularity has allowed easier access to these once hard to get products. Even Sephora has a section dedicated to it now!
Jumping into Korean skincare can be overwhelming when it comes to how, why, and when to use these products. Have no fear. We are here to break down the famous 10 step routine for you. It may seem a bit much to have ten products, but it is all about what they do and the order you use them in!
Korean Skincare Steps:
- Oil-based cleanser: The first step takes off your make-up and all the build-up from throughout the day. It’s a thicker cleanser that pulls dirt from the pores.
- Water-based cleanser: This is the second step in the double cleanse. Water-based cleansers break down impurities and get rid of the stuff the oil-based cleanser didn’t.
- Exfoliate: This step cleans your pores and gets rid of dead skin cells to reveal softer, smoother skin. Your skin is ready to absorb.
- Toner: Use this to balance your pH level and prepare your skin for the next steps.
- Essence: Essence hydrates your skin and helps with anti-aging.
- Treatments and Serums: This step depends on what your skin needs. Use a serum for acne or wrinkles, depending on your goal.
- Sheet Mask: These simple masks are a great way to get your skin to absorb a concentrated essence because it stays on for so long.
- Eye Cream: Dab this around your eye to help with puffiness, dark circles, and wrinkles.
- Moisturizer: Hydrate your skin! If you are going to bed, you can use a sleeping mask instead.
- Sunscreen: If you’re heading out for the day then protect your skin from UV rays!