A boho braid with beachy waves is the ultimate summertime hair look that’s perfect for any occasion. It’s a style that’s much easier to achieve than you’d think — just ask star of reality shows The Hills and The City, Whitney Port. Before getting into her easy how-to, Whitney told us her worst ever hair moment:
“When I was maybe about 14 years old, my sisters and I decided we were just going to do an at-home color situation. I wanted to be really blonde, of course, and so I decided, “You know what, I’m just going to keep the color on through dinner — a little bit longer. When I finally took it out, it was bright orange!”
Luckily, Whitney doesn’t have to deal with bad hair mishaps anymore thanks to her favorite hair genius, Mark Hill. She even admits that the Mark Hill MiracOILicious 2-Minute Intensive Treatment is her “secret to super-shiny hair” (her strands truly gleam, even on camera!). With the help of this celebrity hairstylist, Whitney taught us the best tips to achieve a pretty boho braid that’s perfect for the summer. Read on for all the deets.
Boho Braid Step-by-Step:
- Split hair into small sections, spraying Gorgeous! Work It Girl! Shine, Protect & Control Spray lightly over each piece.
- Leaving some hair in the front on each side of the face, start from behind the ear, securing the beginning of the braid with a pin.
- Continue braiding from ear to ear.
- Pull hair out slightly at the crown to generate volume, and add Gorgeous! Work It Girl! Shine,Protect & Control Spray as you pull upward.
- Once the braid has reached the other side, secure with a pin and pull apart the braid slightly to give it a softer look.
- Take small, loose pieces from the front and incorporate them into the braid, weaving them in and out, creating texture and hiding the pins.
- Use a curling iron on remaining front pieces for a beachy vibe.
- Finish with Defrizz-ilious Bedazzled Anti-Humidity Shine Spray for control.