The next few days are going to be solemn at the Cincinnati Zoo. After a 4-year old boy accidentally fell into the gorilla enclosure, zoo officials had to make a tough decision of killing the animal in order to save the little boy’s life. The situation was highly unfortunate, but as with anything as controversial as this people are bound to have polarizing opinions.
Some have voiced their support for the zoo’s decision to kill the animal. They understand that no one wanted to kill the animal, but if they hadn’t the little boy could have very well died or been seriously injured.
Others however, have spoken out against the zoo, including actress Kaley Cuoco. Those who are speaking out against it believe that the little boy was not in danger and that the gorilla was actually protecting him.
Cuoco took to her Instagram account to say, “If you watch the footage, you see this gorgeous animal holding that child’s hand. Do with that, what you will. As sad as this makes me, a part of me is happy for that amazing creature doesn’t have to live in captivity another day. Bring on the hate!!!”
Other celebs have voiced their opinions too:
- Katharine McPhee: “This is why I hate zoos! This is so messed up. This poor gorilla.”
- Holly Robinson Peete: “Last week a naked man in Chile jumped in a lion den on purpose now this boy with the gorilla…Beautiful innocent animals killed. Smh”
- Ben Bruce: “A mother doesn’t know how to look after her child so an endangered species of gorilla gets shot and killed. #2016”
- Trevor Donovan: “17 year old Harambe the Gorilla was shot dead after boy falls into Ohio zoo enclosure. Where were the parents?!”
- Willam: “this makes me sick. the gorilla looked totally chill and was obviously nurturing the kid and they shot it #FAIL”
What do you think? Did zoo officials make a good call? Are you mad at the parents? Share your thoughts in the comment box below.