With us all staying inside for the next few weeks, it’s hard not to miss traveling and exploring. One of the best parts of taking an adventure to a new country is learning about local culture and getting to see the brilliant artwork.
Now, thanks to Google’s Art & Culture page, you can take a tour of numerous famous museums without leaving your own home. Here are seven virtual tours for you to enjoy:
- Rijks Museum: One of the most famous museums in the Netherlands, Rijks is home to many masterpieces of the Dutch Golden Age. They have a variety of online exhibits celebrating master painters like Vermeer and Rembrandt.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art: Located in New York City, The Met is made of several establishments including the Met on Fifth Avenue and The Met Cloisters. This museum has over 5,000 years’ worth of art, exploring everything from fashion to Japanese art. They also have a 360 touron their website.
- Musee d’Orsay: Home of impressionism and post-impressionism, Musee d’Orsay is in the center of Paris. Here you can analyze the works of Van Gogh, Manet, and many more brilliant artists.
- The J. Paul Getty Museum: Located in LA, the Getty Center houses work ranging from the eighth to the twenty-first century. Their collection contains a wide variety of European paintings, drawings, and more. They are also known for their extensive photography collection. If you want to take a more physical tour, they offer a streetview option to take a trip through the museum.
- MASP – Museu de Arte de Sao Paulo Assis Chateabriand: MASP is a non-profit museum featuring over 8,000 pieces of artwork from all over the globe. They are also Brazil’s first modern art museum.
- Van Gogh Museum: The name says it all. This museum houses the most extensive collection of work by Vincent van Gogh, and personal artifacts like letters.
- The British Museum: This museum is home to a wide variety of not just artwork but also history. Take a tour of the Rosetta Stone and Egyptian mummies.