Eat Pretty this Thanksgiving with a delicious dinner that’s guilt-free and sans glut (and gut!). Mix up your traditional holiday recipes by preparing your favorite ingredients in new, healthy and beauty-enhancing ways based on the Cleveland Clinic’s Lifestyle 180 program. These recipes are 100-percent whole grain with no trans fats and contain only minimal amounts of saturated fat and added sugars.
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 4 tablespoons zinfandel
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seed
- Heat oil in a sauté pan.
- Add onions and sauté until tender.
- Add agave nectar and sauté until lightly carmelized.
- Add chia seed and zinfandel; reduce until it becomes a syrupy consistency.
- Serve with turkey breast as a side accompaniment like cranberry relish.