Call us old school, but even during the cupcake craze, we still have a special place in our hearts for cheesecake. You can be your very own Sara Lee this weekend with a healthy cheesecake recipe that comes in at only 248 calories. Nutrition chef Valerie Cogswell was kind enough to share her Power Crunch Cheesecake Custard with Raspberries, Whipped Cream & Graham Cracker Crunch with the sweet tooths at YouBeauty.
While traditional cheesecake is full of sugar and fat, this Cheesecake Custard is full of flavor and protein. Low-fat ricotta, sweet mascarpone cheese, agave nectar and metabolism-boosting Power Crunch Vanilla Crème Proto Whey Protein Powder are whipped until smooth to form a luscious custard. Garnished with fresh raspberries, a cloud of real whipped cream and crushed graham crackers, this mouthwatering dessert is a deliciously lighter substitute for conventional cheesecake.
Power Crunch Cheesecake Custard with Raspberries, Whipped Cream & Graham Cracker Crunch
Makes 5 servings
Serving size: 1/2 cup custard
Calories per serving: 248
Protein per serving: 16 grams
Carbohydrates per serving: 23 grams
Fat per serving: 13.5 grams
- 1 (15-ounce) carton low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/3 heaping cup mascarpone cheese (an Italian cream cheese found in the dairy aisle at your local market)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 scoops Power Crunch Vanilla Crème Proto Whey Protein Powder
- 1¼ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2½ tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- ¼ cup crushed graham crackers (broken into tiny pieces)
- fresh raspberries or frozen raspberries or mixed berries (defrosted)
- Real light whipped cream in the can
- In a large bowl, whisk together ricotta cheese, mascarpone cheese and almond milk until smooth.
- Add Power Crunch Vanilla Crème Proto Whey Protein Powder, pure vanilla, agave nectar and sea salt and continue whisking until very smooth.
- Chill for 3 to 4 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Serve custard in individual glasses. Top with raspberries or mixed berries, a big dollop of light whipped cream and a sprinkle of graham cracker. Enjoy!