Eat Pretty this Thanksgiving with a delicious dinner that’s guilt-free and sans glut (and gut!). Mix up your traditional holiday recipes by preparing your favorite ingredients in new, healthy and beauty-enhancing ways based on the Cleveland Clinic’s Lifestyle 180 program. These recipes are 100-percent whole grain with no trans fats and contain only minimal amounts of saturated fat and added sugars.
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup low-fat frozen vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 teaspon finely shredded orange peel
- Combine fresh or frozen cranberries, orange juice, and dried cranberries in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 7 to 8 minutes or until cranberries pop and sauce thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat; stir in syrup.
- Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled over frozen yogurt. Garnish with orange peel.
(Per serving) Recipe makes two servings