While your wardrobe may follow the trends and change over the years, it’s key to have some loyal staples. These are the pieces that you can wear year after year despite shifts in fashion. Items like an oversized blazer, a neutral solid boot, or a signature piece of jewelry never fail you and work as the foundation for most outfits. These investment pieces are the ones you spend more money on because you know the quality is great. When looking to purchase some new investment pieces here’s where we turn to.
- Moda Operandi: One of our favorites is Moda Operandi who curates leading and emerging designers from all around the world. Co-founded by Lauren Santo Domingo in 2010, the former Vogue editor wanted to connect expressive runway fashion and retail. Take a look for some unique statement pieces and a blazer section with everything you could ask for.
- NET-A-PORTER: Started in 2000, NET-A-PORTER works with over 800 of the most popular designer brands from all over the globe. They boast new arrivals three times a week, so you are bound to find something that catches your eye. Shop here for investment pieces from brands like Gucci, Balenciaga, and Prada.
- Everlane: Everlane’s goal is to create quality clothing ethically. They use the best materials that are designed to last. Head over here if you’re looking for basics and staples like a trench coat or neutral blazer.
- Shopbop: Shopbop features a hand-picked selection of ready-to-wear clothing and accessories. Browse their stories to get inspiration or to shop directly. If you need some more direction, their ‘our favorites’ section is divided up categories like ‘top sellers’ and ‘editor’s picks’.
- The RealReal: The Real Real is where you can buy (or sell) pre-owned luxury goods. Find that perfect designer bag or piece of jewelry at a more affordable price while reducing your fashion footprint.