Dresses are comfortable and cooling but come with a small caveat – if it’s windy, you may find yourself flashing strangers. Whether you’re walking up stairs or your purse rubs your skirt up on the side (it happens to us all), covering your bum is important. Wearing bike shorts underneath can be a great option, but sometimes they are too thick for a hot day. Swap them out for a pair of these extra coverage undies or slip shorts next time you’re wearing a mini dress.
- Maidenform Boyshort with Cool Comfort: In addition to keeping you covered, these undies have tummy control and smoothing. The SmoothTec waistband doesn’t dig or roll while the Cool Comfort fabric keeps things summer-friendly. It’s offered in five different neutral shades.
- Bestena Slip Shorts: Ranking at 4.5 out of 5 stars on Amazon, these affordable slip shorts were made to create a seamless look under clothing. They’re lightweight and will keep you cool and dry while also saving you from chafing.
- Undersummer Fusion Shortlette Anti Chafing Slipshort: If it’s going to peek out, add a little lace. These shortlettes from Undersummer are intended to be foundation wear and are not constricting. They are anti-chaffing and moisture-wicking with a design that prevents it from riding up while you’re walking. Browse the site for a variety of colors and lengths.
- TomboyX Boy Shorts: The Traveler is a pair of undies created with people on the go in mind. They are lightweight and quick-drying while also being breathable. Additionally, TomboyX has an eco-friendly process and produces its products in women-owned factories that pay living wages.
- Jockeys Skimmies Cooling Slipshort: Made of lightweight, stretchy microfiber, these slip shorts provide protection smoothing coverage. The fabric is breathable and also helps prevent chafing. The wider waistband ensures they will also stay in place all day.