While you can go to any grocery store and get yourself a fancy detox bath in a beautiful packaging and a mesmerizing scent, making your own DIY baths is much cheaper and more natural. That’s by using what you already have in your kitchen! Detox baths are so simple that even the least crafty among us can handle them.
Here are four very simple detox baths you can make yourself:
For this recipe, you will need:
- ¼ cup of seas salt (or Himalayan salt if you’re feeling fancy)
- ¼ cup of Epsom salt
- 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup of baking soda
- 10 drops of your favorite essential oil
Start by melting the salts and baking soda in some boiling water, and then add it to your bath water with the ACV and your essential oils.
This detox bath is perfect for flushing your body of all toxins and heavy metals, it’s also great for soothing skin irritations, and boosting the magnesium in your body.
This recipe only requires:
- ½ cup bentonite clay
- ½ cup Epsom salts
- 10 drops of your favorite essential oils
Start by dissolving the Epsom salts in hot water and add in with the essential oils to your bath. For the clay, mix it in with some hot water gradually until it forms a paste then add it to your bath. You can also rub it on your body before getting in the tub for better absorption.
Grapefruit and ginger
You will need:
- ½ cup of Himalayan pink salt or sea salt
- ½ cup of Epsom salt
- 1 tbsp of baking soda
- 5 drops of grapefruit essential oil
- 5 drops of ginger essential oil (you can substitute for fresh ginger)
Place all of the ingredients at the same time as you start your water, soak for at least 20 minutes.
Oatmeal and sea salt
- ½ cup of sea salt
- 1 tsp of grated fresh ginger
- 1/8 cup of organic apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1 cup of rose petals, optional
Pour all the ingredients in your bath and soak for at least 20 minutes.