Whether you’re looking to repair your hair after a cold, dry winter, or just reinvigorate parched locks after a few too many hours in the summer sun, this DIY hair mask is the perfect answer. With only three ingredients, you can whip it up in no time. It’s packed with potassium and vitamins A, C and E, which are known to boost scalp and hair health — helping hair grow stronger and healthier. This quick and easy recipe makes hair feel soft and conditioned by harnessing the nutritional powers of bananas, avocado and coconut.
Banana Hair Mask Recipe
From “Neal’s Yard Beauty Book“
- 1 medium-sized ripe banana
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- Using a fork, mash the soft banana and avocado in a bowl.
- Add the coconut milk and mix well to make a paste. If you have very dry or damaged hair, you could leave out the avocado and replace the coconut milk with 1 tablespoon almond, coconut, or olive oil.
- Use immediately as the mask contains fresh ingredients.
- Massage into dry hair and leave for 15 minutes. For optimal effect, wrap the hair in a towel, preferably warm, and leave for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the paste from the hair with warm water and wash as usual.