Super shiny locks should be a girl’s most effortless accessory, but with pricy hair masks and crazy in-salon treatments, it can be a bit out of reach for most of us.
Luckily, there’s a few ways to acquire a glistening head of hair without the help of a professional. Achieve the same glossy strands with this at-home Lavender-Infused Coconut Oil Hair Treatment courtesy of Latest-Hairstyles.com’s contributor Wendy Rose Gould. Plus? It smells amazing!
What You’ll Need:
- Small bowl
- 2 Tbsp. of unrefined, virgin coconut oil
- Fresh or dried lavender sprigs (or 2 drops lavender essential oil)
- Measuring spoons
1. Put 2 tablespoons (the recommended amount for medium-to-long hair) of coconut oil to your bowl. Remove the greens and/or buds from your lavender and place it in the bowl as well. A few pinches is plenty.
2. Create a bain-marie by placing your bowl over a sauce pan filled with water. Turn your heat to low-medium and allow the coconut oil to melt, stirring periodically. Keep this process going for 45 minutes to an hour, then remove from heat.
3. Allow your infused coconut oil to set for 10-15 minutes, or until it’s slightly warm (not hot). Remove the lavender pieces if desired.
4. Run the oil through your hair, focusing on the ends where hair is usually more dry. If you have itchy, dry skin, or dandruff, focus the treatment on your scalp. The longer it sets, the better. Shampoo and style as normal.
Recipe courtesy of Wendy Rose Gould.