DIY Egg Recipes For Facials:
- Hydrating Egg & Avocado Moisture Mask: Take 1/2 ripe avocado, 1 whole egg, 1 tsp greek yogurt, 1 tsp baking soda, and 1 tsp coconut oil. Mix all ingredients, breaking up the egg, and apply to face for 10 minutes. Don’t let it dry completely before rinsing thoroughly.
- Egg White & Honey Face Peel: Mix 1 egg white and 1 tsp honey and apply to your face. Let completely dry and remove with a warm washcloth. The egg firms while the honey is both moisturizing and antibacterial, making this an awesome mask to fight blemishes.
- Lemon & Egg Acne Scar Mask: Whisk 1 egg with 1 Tbsp of lemon juice, then apply with a brush to your face. Let dry completely, then rinse. Lemon gives that burst of vitamin C and fruit acid to fight lines, scars and wrinkles and the egg tightens up slackened skin.
- Red Wine Facial Mask: Got leftover red wine from last night? Take 3 Tbsp of red, 1 egg white and 1 Tbsp of honey, mix thoroughly and apply to your skin for an antioxidant, age-defying mask. Leave on 15 minutes, rinse with warm water.
- Pumpkin Egg Super Facial Mask: Take 2 Tbsp of canned pumpkin (or you can puree your own) and combine with 1 egg white, 1 Tbsp plain yogurt and 1 Tbsp honey. Mix thoroughly, apply to the face and leave on for 10 minutes before rinsing. This potent concoction tightens pores, fights fine lines, clears acne, exfoliates and encourages cell turnover.
DIY Egg Recipes For Hair:
- Hydrating Banana Avocado & Egg Hair Mask: Mash ½ an avocado, ½ a banana and beat with 1 egg and 2 tsp olive oil. Apply to hair and let sit for 30 minutes before rinsing thoroughly with cool water.
- Ultra-Moisturizing Hair Mask: Whisk 2 eggs, 2 Tbsp coconut oil and 2 Tbsp olive oil and then massage into your scalp, combing through to the ends of hair. Use a shower cap or towel to keep head covered while waiting 20 minutes before rinsing.
- High Protein Conditioner: Pack your conditioner with an extra punch by taking 1 egg white, 1 tsp conditioner and 1 tsp olive oil. Apply to hair after shampooing, leaving on for about a minute. Rinse thoroughly.
- Green Tea & Egg Mask: Taking 1 egg yolk and 2 Tbsp of freshly boiled green tea, get a frothy mix going before applying to hair for 30 minutes. Shampoo as usual.