Image via flickr/ andy liang
Singer and icon, Janet Jackson has just welcomed a healthy baby boy into the world along with husband, Wissam Al Mana. The 50-year-old had a smooth, stress-free delivery according to her rep. “Janet Jackson and husband Wissam Al Mana are thrilled to welcome their new son, Eissa Al Mana, into the world,” the statement noted. It didn’t take long for websites and fans alike to decode the meaning, which turned out to be something ultra sweet, “salvation”. This is the first child for the singer, which has stirred a new debate…
“How old is too old to give birth?” Researchers say that by age 50, a woman’s chances of conceiving are nearly zero. Yet, Mrs. Jackson has managed to pull off a miracle without any complications. But, Janet’s not the only celebrity woman who has waited to have children later in life. Other celebrities who’ve given birth later in life include:
- Kelly Preston – John Travolta’s wife gave birth to a son at age 48.
- Geena Davis – The actress gave birth to twins at age 46.
- Nancy Grace – The TV personality gave birth to twins at age 48.
- Halle Berry – The actress gave birth to her second child at age 47.
- Celine Dion – The singer gave birth to at age 42.
- Mariah Carey – The singer gave birth to her twins at age 42.
- Gwen Stefani – The Voice coach gave birth to her third son at age 44.
- Rachel Zoe – Famous fashion designer gave birth to her second child at age 42.
READ MORE HERE: Janet Jackson Miracle Baby At 50