Going to a glam red carpet affair is reserved for the more fortunate of us. It’s a Hollywood tradition we eagerly gather for, often sticking around just for the red carpet arrivals. No one will judge you if you leave after the arrivals are over, after all, we’re here to know how the stars decided to make their grand entrance.
The stars not only look fantastic arriving, but they get access to some serious swag worth thousands of dollars. Everything from trips to even more glamorous beauty treatments at their fingertips by the end of the night! So, we’re always pleasantly surprised and giddy to learn when the fortunate 1% end up using drugstore beauty products and items accessible to the rest of us.
While we might not be able to afford vampire facials and everyday use of La Mer all over our body, we can most certainly swing the gorgeous lip colors courtesy of drugstore brands.
What The Stars Use on The Red Carpet
1. Joey King used Essie Gel Couture in Gossamer Garments and Licorice
Joey King stole the red carpet arrivals with her beautiful Iris Von Herpen gown, and she had nails to match the geometric-focused designer’s aesthetic.
2. Kat Graham in L’Oreal Rouge Signature Liquid Lipstick in Unfiltered (454)
In fact, it’s not just the lips that came from the drugstore brand. Kat Graham got the complete makeup look done by Sir John using L’Oreal products.
3. Bel Powley in Maybelline SuperStay Ink Crayon Lipstick, Matte Longwear Lipstick
Makeup artist Jenna Kristina used all Maybelline products to create Bel Powleys Golden Globes 2020 look, notably using a fluffy brush to buff in the lip color for a powdery effect.
4. Kerry Washington in OPI GelColor Gel Nail Polish, Malaga Wine https://www.instagram.com/p/B69u3cjA-xh/
Kerry Washington’s manicurist, Kim Truong, went smoldering sleek to accompany Washington’s sexy dress.
5. Naomi Watts in Matrix Biolage Styling Complete Control Hairspray
Hair stylist Renato Campora gave Watts sleek and shiny hold with this affordable hairspray you can grab at Ulta.
6. Jessica Alba in Honest Beauty Eyeshadow Palette
Ok, so yes, she technically owns the brand, but the fact that she’s wearing it on the red carpet proves it’s staying power, and the formula looks great!