Harmful hair treatments and harmful chemicals constantly put our hair in danger. The shampoos, conditioners, styling gels and even the simple act of combing and blow-drying can leave curls looking and feeling dull, lifeless and damaged.Now you can return to nature and use these miracle natural oils to transform your hair. Some of these oils can even be used to enhance hair growth.1. Coconut OilNot only does the sweet smell of coconut oil instantly transport you to a tropical island beach, it also has incredible benefits for transforming your hair.
- Coconut oil is a natural emollient meaning it locks moisture in to each individual hair strand to restore body and shine.
- It’s also a rich source of vitamin E, one of the most important vitamins for healthy hair growth.
- Microbial action on the scalp and roots is one of the biggest causes of hair loss. Lauric acid and capric acid are both compounds found in coconut oil that act as antimicrobial agents making coconut oil an effective hair loss treatment.
- Coconut oil is packed full of saturated fats which penetrate deep into the scalp to prevent flaky skin and reduce dandruff.
MORE FROM NATURALLY CURLY: Mineral Oil or Coconut Oil?The most effective way to apply coconut oil is to massage it into the roots and scalp and then run your fingers all the way through to the tips of your hair approximately 30 minutes before you shower. Rinse out with warm water and a natural shampoo.2. Extra Virgin Olive OilWe’ve all used olive oil for cooking and dressing salads, but did you know that extra virgin olive oil can also transform your hair?Much like coconut oil, olive oil nourishes, moisturizes, conditions and strengthens your hair while also minimizing hair loss and dandruff.Try this simple olive oil treatment for achieving beautiful hair at home.MORE FROM NATURALLY CURLY: Natural Hair Oils in Products
- Half fill a cup with extra virgin olive oil and a few drops of an essential oil of your choice, such as lavender or rosemary oil. Shake or mix well and allow to stand in a cool dark place for 24 hours.
- Pour one tablespoon of the olive oil mixture into the palm of your hands and rub your hands together to warm it up.
- Starting with your scalp, massage the oil into your hair in a circular motion using your fingertips. Finish by massaging the tips of your hair.
- Secure a plastic bag around your hair and leave for 30 minutes.
- Finally, rinse your hair as usual and shampoo.
3. Argan OilArgan oil is one of the most expensive oils for our hair, but it’s certainly worth every penny. It is extracted from the kernels of the argan tree – an endangered tree native to Morocco.Application is similar to that of most other oils. Place a tablespoon of the oil into your hands, rub together and apply to hair starting at the scalp working through to the tips of the hair. Use a brush or comb for even distribution if necessary. Wrap your hair in a towel for an hour, rinse thoroughly and shampoo.The essential fatty acids present will strengthen your hair proteins resulting in stronger hair with fewer split ends. In addition, the rich sources of vitamin E will repair hair damaged by destructive agents and the non-greasy argan oil will add shine and moisture without the horrible greasy feeling.MORE FROM NATURALLY CURLY: Can Honey Really Be Good for Your Hair? So the next time you want to repair or improve the appearance of your hair, try one of these natural oils or a hair oil blend instead of spending a fortune on over-the-counter chemical-laden hair products.Daisy Raybould passionately believes that nature’s wonders can solve the majority of all life’s health and beauty issues. You can visit her blog and read her favorite blog post at 50 Tips For Ultimate Health, Gorgeous Skin, Beautiful Hair & A Perfect Body.