Procrastination cheats you out of precious time and much-needed productivity. Almost every one of us, if not all of us, procrastinated something we were supposed to do. Do you know what procrastination does? It makes us scramble at the last minute and stuff all our tasks into the tiniest portion of time as opposed to comfortably doing the work when we were supposed to. We’re highlighting beneficial tips that can help you shake procrastination off and let you get on with your life.
- Do it on the go- this is perhaps the most important tip you can get when it comes to combating procrastination head-on. If you find yourself scrambling at the last minute often, you’ll benefit from doing the tasks immediately instead of scheduling them for later. For example, if you never find the time to clean, do it on the go. Can you see an item where it’s not supposed to be? Don’t walk past it to do something else. Pick it up! Just do it on the go!
- Form a pattern or engage yourself in healthy habits-while most people associate healthy habits with exercise and nutrition, healthy habits promote all-round good health. When you complete these little habits frequently, you get to develop a sense of accomplishment that could extend to more significant facets of your life. Finished cooking a healthy meal? Do the dishes, and don’t let them pile up! Better yet, clean as you treat yourself to some delicious nutrition.
- Set reminders-setting multiple reminders can help you put what you have to do in perspective. If you find it challenging to adhere to schedules or to remember what you have to do at a particular time, set multiple reminders days and hours in advance of the main event.
- Surround yourself with people who want the same things as you do-there is nothing as awesome as surrounding yourself with people who want to achieve similar goals as you. This way, you can have buddies who can motivate you.
- Create a schedule-organizing things in an easy schedule helps you put a better perspective on the number of things you have to do. Before you go to bed, create a plan for the activities you have to do the next day. To make this easier, you can keep a pen and journal on your nightstand, and for effectiveness, make this a daily habit just like your skincare routine!
The best thing you can do for yourself is understanding the concept of time and doing things when you are supposed to!