Have you gone through a divorce or a break up from a long term relationship? If so, you may be feeling devastated, depressed and even bamboozled. Whether the divorce was recent or a long time ago, the experience can leave you with scars from a broken heart. For many women, their entire future was wrapped up in their relationship, so once it’s over; it can leave her feeling lost and empty inside. Many women struggle with:
- Issues with body image.
- Loss of that extra income.
- Nervousness when dealing with the opposite sex.
- Low self-esteem.
The good news is you can turn your divorce or big breakup into a major opportunity to reinvent yourself. Part of the key is to be open minded to all the possibilities. Relationship coach and digital matchmaker, Michelle G. talks about how divorce can be a major “come back” story for women. She tackles the topic of post-divorce life in her eBook, Divorce to Dating: The New Rules for Sex, Dating & Love After a Breakup.
In the book, she discusses everything from confidence boosters, to sexual etiquette once you start dating again.
But first, you must start seeing the bright side of things again. And, don’t expect the change to happen over night. Some benefits to a divorce include:
- New career opportunities show up that you may have never sought out because your last partner may have held you back.
- You may laugh more at things that use to make you cringe because there’s no one else’s feelings you have to worry about.
- You may find “true” friends as “fake” ones disappear.
- You’ll discover new talents or hobbies.
Your life can be just as amazing, if not more than you ever expected. All you have to do is step out on faith and trust yourself.
READ MORE: Divorce To Dating