Most of us can’t wear a Halloween costume to work or class on October 31 (though those damn fun-size Snickers bars will still be everywhere). But all of us can get in the Halloween spirit with subtle-yet-festive nails!
And no, we’re not talking about just painting your tips a bright pumpkin orange. We’re going to show you some Pinterest-worthy nail styles. With the help of celebrity nail artist Miss Pop, aka Simcha Whitehill, we’re going to teach you a Halloween-appropriate look that’s so easy even a jack o’lantern could do it.
First up, glittery black fade nails. You will need:
- Base coat and top coat
- A nail polish
- Micro glitter, such as from DollarNailArt.com
- A dry makeup brush, such as an eyeshadow or lipstick brush, to spread the glitter
- Always prep your nails with a base coat!
- Paint your nails with two coats of polish. Miss Pop used the scarlet-red New York State of Mind by Deborah Lippmann for a bloody effect.
- Pour a small amount of glitter into a dish and dip your makeup brush into it. Less is more at first!
- While your nails are still wet, gently brush the glitter onto the tips of your nails.
- As the glitter dries into the polish, add more glitter, starting outwards and working your way inwards for the fade effect. If your nails have totally dried by this point, use the tiniest bit of clear polish on your nails to make the glitter adhesive. Finish with a top coat to set your look.