Semi-permanent lash services offer an alternative to classic fake eyelashes. You can spend less time getting ready and wake up with flawless lashes. Some of the most popular semi-permanent lash services include lash lifts and eyelash extensions.
However, what is the difference between lash lifts and eyelash extensions? Also, how do you know which service fits into your lifestyle better?
What are lash lifts? Lash lifts are viewed as a mini-perm but for your eyelashes. Also, a lash lift will instantly provide lift and length without needing an eyelash curler.
According to Healthline, “a lash lift is an all-natural, semi-permanent procedure that gives you the appearance of fuller, thicker eyelashes without the use of any leave-on chemicals or extensions. The natural lashes are boosted from the root..”
Lash Lift Procedure
A typical lash lift can take 45 minutes to an hour to complete. You can expect to have your eyes closed during the entire service.
First, a barrier will be placed to keep your eyes safe and to separate the lashes. Next, it’ll be time to apply a chemical solution to the lashes to break their bond so they can be formed to the shape of the silicone rod that offers length and curl.
You may also combine this service with an eyelash tint so they can appear darker and fuller.
Pros And Cons Of Lash Lifts
– Lash Lifts curl your natural eyelashes, and no extensions are required, so there is no need for lash fills.
– Lash lifts can last 6-8 weeks on average.
– Lash lifts minimize the need for mascara and eye makeup.
– You must avoid water, sweat, and moisture for at least 24-48 hours after your lash lift.
– Lash lifts have a strict aftercare regimen.
– Harsh chemicals used in lash lift services may or may not cause an allergic reaction.
Eyelash extensions are also a semi-permanent lash service that involves adding individual lash fibers to the upper lash line. Each extension adheres with a professional-grade lash glue that’s meant to last.
According to Byrdie, “the material used varies from studio to studio, but lash extensions can be made of synthetic, mink, faux mink, or silk fibers. Most studios offer a variety of extension lengths, curl patterns, and tints so clients can customize their look.”
Eyelash Extension Procedure
You can expect to sit in the salon chair for a few hours for eyelash extensions. It can be tedious because each extension is glued on one by one. However, extensions will instantly provide length, volume, and drama. They can also transform your eye shape.
You can expect your eyes to stay closed during the entire service. The lash artist will then ensure each extension is applied in the desired pattern. Please make it known to your stylists if you have any known allergies to eyelash adhesive.
Pros And Cons Of Eyelash Extensions
– You can choose an array of eyelash extensions and customize your ideal shape, length, curl, and volume for a flawless set of lashes.
– Minimize the need for mascara and eye makeup.
– It can last for up to 6-8 weeks.
– Eyelash extensions are high maintenance and involve tasks like daily cleansing, keeping them dry for 48 hours, and refilling them every 2-3 weeks.
– Extensions can fall out and make your lash line look uneven or unfinished.
– They are pricey to maintain.