What’s better than a radiant summer glow? One that doesn’t involve the harmful sun rays. We’ve come a long way with the self-tanning formulas on the market today, and these picks are highest rated based on beauty testers and real women leaving reviews.
Keep several tips in mind before you use any self-tanning formula:
1. Use the tanner in a well-ventilated room with surfaces that are protected. If you’re spraying on the tanner, make sure to do it in an area that won’t suffer from the residue.
2. Always exfoliate before applying tanner! This ensures even application.
3. Don’t use moisturizers on your skin before application. You can apply a small amount on rough areas like elbows and knees if you’re dry. Also, apply to hands and feet to ensure even application.
4. Wait at least 12 hours before showering off.
Top rated formulas:
1. Xen-Tan Fresh Tanning Mousse
It’s a streak-free light formula that doesn’t leave residue and has no icky chemical smell.
2. Isle of Paradise Self-Tanning Water
The formula is mess-free, has a pleasant smell, and won’t stain your sheets or clothes! It’s a clear spray that leaves you with a glow in a few hours.
3. Fake Bake 5 Minute Mousse
Great natural looking color and a tinted formula ensure your tan doesn’t turn out splotchy or fake looking.
4. St. Tropez Self Tan Express Advanced Bronzing Mousse
A best seller at Sephora, Ulta, and Amazon! You can shower off in as little as three hours thanks to the express formula.
5. Tan-Luxe The Gradual Illuminating Tan Lotion
Thinner consistency than most requires a mitt application, but the streak-free finish is worth it.
Isle Of Paradise Isle of Paradise – Self-Tanning Water • $28
Fake Bake 5 Minute Mousse • Fake Bake • $31
St. Tropez Self Tan Express Bronzing Mousse • St. Tropez • $44
Tan Luxe The Gradual Illuminating Gradual Tan Lotion • $29