There’s no shortage of self-help books or life hack articles that profess an unrivaled ability to give you an edge above your competition or unlock the next level of your potential. Yet, considering most people aren’t superhuman top performers. The secrets to mastering life have remained secret for most, despite the barrage of books and articles that say otherwise.
Dear reader, I am no mystical guru here to unlock those secrets for you. What I will unlock is the secrets that are not secrets at all, but the hard, honest truth about how to level your life up. These are the real adult life hacks:
- Do the hardest thing first. I don’t claim to have invented this life hack, but I do claim to have used it successfully. Not only will you get the most important thing done, making your day a success early on, but doing the hardest thing first only makes all your other tasks go by that much easier.
- It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do, or what you need to work on, meditating will help you. Everyone stands to benefit from practicing control of our thoughts and focus. Successful people have touted this life hack throughout history.
- Go to therapy. Therapists are like master life hackers focused on the mind. By spending the time with a therapist to better understand yourself and why you do what you do, you’ll get an edge incomparable to that of any other life hack.
- Be honest.This life hack might not seem like the glitzy life hacks we’re used to seeing in those top ten listicles, but it is the most impactful life change you can make. Be honest with others, but more importantly, be honest with yourself. Work to cultivate a sense of honest self-awareness that will help you navigate life and make choices from a place of clarity.
- Get financially fit. One major adult life hack that will impact you throughout the rest of your life is how you approach your finances. Don’t build bad habits now; build your credit instead. Start a retirement fund early. Learn to track and budget your expenses. These are things that literally pay off majorly the sooner you start.
While I don’t have any quick and easy life tips for you, I offer these adult life hacks that are indeed proven to work. The real hack is how quickly you put them into action.