Wondering how to make almond milk at home? This almond milk recipe is the best one I tried! It’s creamy, delicious, and obviously dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free, and paleo-friendly.
Homemade Almond Milk
You will need:
- 1 cup raw organic almonds
- 4 cups pure filtered water (plus more for soaking)
- Tiny pinch of sea salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Sweetener of choice (2 dates, 2 tbsp maple syrup, or few drops of stevia)
- Soak almonds for at least 12 hours or overnight in filtered water with ½ tsp of sea salt.
- Drain the almonds and rinse thoroughly.
- In a blender combine almonds and filtered water with vanilla, sweetener and any other ingredient you wish to add.
- Blend for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Strain mixture into a large bowl through a sprout bag, cheesecloth, or thin kitchen towel.
- Pour into a glass jar or pitcher and store in the refrigerator.
How to store homemade milk:
This recipe lasts approximately four days when stored the fridge for a big family. But if you won’t use this much, it’s best to reduce the recipe and make it in small batches to ensure it’s always fresh.
Reuse the pulp
We like zero waste here, so save the pulp of the almonds! Place it on a cookie sheet and dehydrate in the oven until completely dry, then blend it in a food processor until it’s very fine. Ta-da! You get almond flour!
It’s a fantastic alternative to wheat flours, so use it in your next baked recipe. Just store it in the refrigerator to or an air-tight container, so it doesn’t spoil! Remember, dry goods don’t last forever. Enjoy your new almond-filled life!