As an individual struggling with your weight or just trying to maintain it, you must have read up a hundred recipes from thousands of diet plans, which all promise the same thing, weight loss. Some of these diets may be very restrictive and leave you feeling hungry, while others may seem like they’re working initially, but along the way, they just don’t seem to stick. These are all common problems during one’s weight loss journey.
Tofu is made from soybean curds. It’s gluten-free, cholesterol-free, low in calories, high in protein, and highly refreshing. It contains all the good stuff you’d want in a meal without the associated heaviness afterward. You know what it is and why it’s good for you, but this is why you should incorporate it into your weight loss journey:
- The ingredients in tofu help curb appetite and leave you feeling fewer hunger pangs. This is primarily because of the high protein content.
- It helps you manage your glucose levels better.
How then can you incorporate this soy-based dish into your diet?
A tofu inclusive diet can be different or even hard for those who aren’t used to it. When starting this, it’s essential to keep an open mind and always picture the gains. There are several ways you can incorporate this dish into your diet:
- You can blend silken tofu into your shakes, smoothies or soups.
- Tofu can also be added to stir fry dishes and recipes alike.
- It can equally be marinated and grilled then served. You will want to avoid oil-based marinades since tofu’s texture doesn’t sponge it up.
- Tofu can even be prepared as ground beef! Stir fry it with your favorite spices and use it as a base for tacos.
- Make a delicious chocolate mousse pie! It’s a great chocolate mousse filling, and the entire pie comes at a bit over 300 calories. Check out the recipe here.
There are a ton of other ways one can enjoy this soy-based dish. However, one’s diet shouldn’t be strictly composed of tofu. Switch things up a bit for a healthier and balanced meal. This will reflect on your weight and health too.