This is the Halloween when we expect an army of women in candy-colored pantsuits and men in orange fright wigs to show up on our doorstep and haunt our dreams. Dig into your closet for the his-and-her version of political business attire, throw on an “I’m With Her” button or a “Make America Great Again” cap, and you’ve got the easiest and most recognizable costume going this season.
If you want to depart from the political and enter the realm of fantasy and fun, check out the 10 Most Wanted Halloween costumes. PopSugar takes a look at the defining moments of 2016 and delivers 10 imaginative Halloween costume ideas that you can put together with ease.
Show off your fierceness and serve up a taste of Lemonade in tribute to Beyoncé.
Don a baseball cap and athletic gear and transform into a character instantly recognized by the 10 million Americans who are addicted to the most popular mobile game in U.S. history: Pokémon Go trainer. The whole family can get in on the exciting Star Wars action by replicating Finn, Rey and baby BB-8 from Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Remember Olympic glory and bring home the golden look of America’s sweetheart Simone Biles. Here are some basic guidelines to get started on creating your own iconic Halloween character:
- A baseball cap
- Athletic leggings
- A backpack
- Fingerless gloves
- Pokéballs or sports balls painted red and white
- Optional: A stuffed Pokémon toy
- A mustard-yellow maxi dress
- A wooden baseball bat
- Strappy heels
Star Wars Family
- This group costume depends on these staples:
- A distressed leather jacket
- Layers of beige clothing
- Brown boots
- A futuristic-looking staff
- White and orange kids’ clothes
- A toy lightsaber or ray gun
- Rey’s costume is constructed with layers of sand-colored fabric, three hair buns, and a staff. Finn’s requires a brown leather jacket and a weapon. Dress your baby as an adorable robot in white and orange.
- A red or blue leotard
- A patriotic hair ribbon
- Faux Olympic medals
- A superhero cape
For more heroic costume ideas and tutorials on how to create the magic at home, go here: Top 10 Halloween Costumes of 2016.
Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography/ Arturo Torres